What is Serelax?
Serelax is a natural supplement designed to reduce stress and anxiety while promoting a greater sense of well-being. It is non-addictive and therefore safe to be taken over the long-term without danger of developing dependence.
Comprised of botanical extracts and amino acids, Serelax is said to have benefits for the physical health of the user as well as the mental health and produces feelings of tranquility without the use of harsh sedatives. When taken on a regular basis, Serelax may reduce the frequency and severity of panic attacks, irritability, and low mood, all of which can severely affect the quality of life.
What Does the Research on Serelax Ingredients Say?
Serelax uses a blend of natural ingredients that work together to have a naturally calming effect on the mind and body. All ingredients contained in the formula are listed on the official Serelax website, accompanied by a brief description as to what they do. The key active ingredients include:
- GABA – This is a very important neurotransmitter that facilitates the reduction of muscle tension and anxiety. Although it is produced by the body, people who suffer from stress may need to take additional GABA in a supplement, particularly if sleep is an issue as well. Many studies have shown GABA to be extremely useful in reducing anxiety, either on its or or combined with other natural relaxants.
- Passionflower – A natural botanical, Passionflower is said to help increase levels of GABA in the body and have numerous other benefits too such as lowering blood pressure, acting as an anti-inflammatory and alleviating insomnia.
- L-Theanine – Found in green and black teas, the amino acid L-Theanine is a natural relaxant that safely tranquilizes without causing drowsiness. By increasing alpha wave activity in the brain, L-Theanine also improves focus and may even enhance feelings of well-being by raising levels of dopamine.
- Kava Kava – Long used in the Pacific Islands to improve the mood and relaxation, Kava Kava is said to have powerful anti-anxiety effects due to the active compounds it contains called kavalactones.
- JuJube – The fruit of the Jujube is extremely nutritious and, in addition to being a potent antioxidant, is known for its effect on the mood and quality of sleep. Flavonoids and saponins contained in the fruit may help increase restorative REM sleep, and improve overall sleep time.
- Valerian – As well as improving levels of GABA, Valerian root has been extensively studied for its effect on the nervous system and benefits for those who experience social anxiety. Additionally, it may balance the mood, alleviating irritability and nervousness.
- Roman Chamomile – Most people will be familiar with this flowering plant due to its widespread use as a calming tea. It has been included in traditional herbal remedies for centuries, thanks to its naturally sedating properties which may promote sleep without causing any kind of dependency.
- Skullcap – A member of the mint family, Skullcap has long been used as a way to reduce tension and encourage relaxation. Certain studies have also concluded that it may have the ability to promote a better mood without causing any of the side effects often associated with pharmaceutical anti-depressants.
- Griffonia Simplicifolia (Bean) extract – As a source of 5-HTP, this ingredient may affect certain hormones in the brain, such as serotonin, which in turn have a positive effect on the mood. The 5-HTP found in this ingredient has numerous health benefits and may even help prevent the weight gain that can sometimes accompany depression and a low mood.
How Does it Work? Learn the Science Behind Serelax
There can be numerous reasons why we become anxious, stressed out, and even depressed at times. While you may not be aware of the cause of your low mood, irritability, and insomnia, there’s no doubt that these feelings can severely affect your quality of life and even have a negative impact on those around you.
The Serelax formula appears to have been specially designed to support multiple issues related to poor mental well-being with its combination of natural botanicals and amino acids.
The ingredients were, according to the manufacturer, specifically selected not only because they have a long history of use in traditional remedies but also because they are backed by solid scientific research.
Working on the widely recognized assumption that most feelings of depression and anxiety are due to a chemical imbalance in the brain, Serelax provides key ingredients that help to address this and, in turn, stabilize the mood and boost feelings of well-being.
The formula also works on reducing the muscle tension that can often accompany feelings of stress and anxiety, allowing the individual to fully relax and unwind. Not only does this help alleviate the feeling of always being ‘on edge’, but it reduces any physical pain that may result from the muscles being consistently tight.
Serelax Pros and Cons
- It works on mental and physical aspects of stress and anxiety
- Key ingredients can address mild chemical imbalances in the brain
- The formula is not addictive even with long term use
- It promotes the release of ‘feel good’ neurotransmitters
- It may offer a side effect-free alternative to pharmaceutical anti-depressants
- It may not work for people with severe depression
- Some users may have to wait up to one month to see benefits
- Benefits may diminish if the product is discontinued
A: It is recommended that Serelax is taken at a dose of one capsule twice a day for best results.
A: Serelax is offered in several package options for consumers.
- One bottle of the product, the ‘Starter Pack’, costs $34.50
- 3-bottle ‘Extreme Value’ pack is $103.50.
Consumers can also purchase Serelax as part of the Serenity System with Somulin, a natural sleep aid made by the same company, for $69.94.
A: All orders of Serelax are backed by a 100% 60-day money back guarantee. If during this time the consumer wishes to return the product, they must contact the customer service department for a Return Authorization Number before sending it back.
If the larger package size was purchased, unused bottles must be in a condition suitable for resale. The full cost of the purchase, less shipping fees, will be refunded.
A: As a natural product, Serelax should not cause any issues for most users and the likelihood of experiencing any adverse side effects is extremely minimal.
It has been specifically designed for long term use without causing any dependencies and, as such, does not contain any potentially addictive ingredients. As with any supplement, some people may be allergic to certain ingredients, although there are no common allergens in the formula.
Additionally, anyone taking prescription medications or with serious health conditions should talk to their doctor before taking this or any natural health supplement.
What are Consumers Saying about Serelax?
Serelax has received numerous testimonials and comments from consumers who have had positive results from using the product. Some of these are published on the official website and also on independent supplement review sites.
The following are an example of what customers are saying:
Where is Serelax Sold?
A: Serelax can be purchased from the official website which offers the best price on the product. Purchases made from other sites, such as eBay etc., may not be covered by the manufacturer’s money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Serelax seems to offer an effective alternative for people seeking a different approach to taking prescription medications for issues with anxiety, stress and a low mood.
By containing ingredients that have been clinically proven to positively affect the relevant neurotransmitters in the brain, the Serelax formula should address the chemical imbalance responsible for many of those feelings, thus reducing symptoms of mild depression and even boosting the mood.
Additionally, the natural stress-relieving ingredients in the formula may alleviate day to day anxiety and make it easier for the individual to relax, easing muscle tension and reducing irritability.
While the supplement may not be suitable for anyone with severe, ongoing mental health issues, it does provide a natural and affordable way for the average consumer to deal with their stressful, busy life, while giving them a more positive outlook and a better overall quality of life.
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state.
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2017; 2017: 3019568. Published online 2017 Jun 7. doi: 10.1155/2017/3019568. PMCID: PMC5478819. PMID: 28680447. A Review of Dietary Ziziphus jujuba Fruit (Jujube): Developing Health Food Supplements for Brain Protection
Mol Med Report. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2011 Feb 1. Published in final edited form as: Mol Med Report. 2010 Nov 1; 3(6): 895–901. doi: 10.3892/mmr.2010.377. PMCID: PMC2995283. NIHMSID: NIHMS250193. PMID: 21132119. Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with bright future
Phytother Res. 2014 May;28(5):692-8. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5044. Epub 2013 Jul 22. American Skullcap (Scutellaria lateriflora): a randomised, double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study of its effects on mood in healthy volunteers.