Prostara is a supplement that uses natural ingredients to support the health of the prostate gland. Highly effective and safe for long-term use, this health supplement may have a number of benefits for men who are experiencing an enlarged prostate gland, something that usually occurs after the age of 50 and, if left unaddressed, can gradually get worse as the individual gets older.
While there are several prescribed medications that treat BPH, more and more men are turning to natural alternatives such as Prostara, one of the most powerful prostate support supplements available on the market. Not only does Prostara claim to reduce the size of the gland but it may provide ongoing support for its general health and longevity.
By keeping the prostate at regular size, Prostara may relieve all the symptoms associated with an enlarged gland such as frequency of urination, embarrassing dribbles between bathroom visits, urinary tract infections and even a decline in sexual function.
Who is the Manufacturer of Prostara?
Prostara is made and marketed by Himex Biotech. They have an official consumer website for the supplement, containing all ingredient information, details regarding BPH and a section that helps men determine the severity of their prostate condition.
This contains a confidential quiz which the consumer can complete and take to his doctor to help in their assessment.
Although there aren’t a lot of background details about the Himex Biotech company, they do appear to be committed to their customers and offer pre and post-purchase customer support.
All their products are made in the USA and produced in government inspected facilities that follow Good Manufacturing Practices – this ensures quality, purity, and consistency in every bottle of Prostara.
What are the Key Ingredients in Prostara?
As stated, the Prostara website provides comprehensive information about the formula which is an all-natural blend of botanical extracts, minerals and powerful antioxidants that work synergistically in the body.
The key active ingredients included in Prostara are:
- Zinc – this mineral is very important for male reproductive health and although it can be found in a number of common foods such as red meats and whole grains, some men may need to supplement their diet in order to get adequate amounts. The prostate gland depends on zinc for proper functioning so if the levels are depleted in any way, its health can be compromised.
- Lycopene – abundant in certain foods that are naturally red or pink such as tomatoes, lycopene is a carotenoid that is an excellent source of antioxidants. When taken in adequate amounts, lycopene may help prevent and even fight certain cancers, such as prostate cancer, neutralizing harmful free radicals in the body.
- Selenium – also a powerful antioxidant, the trace mineral selenium can help support optimal prostate gland health by reducing oxidative stress that may lead to disease. Prostara includes an optimal amount of selenium to keep the gland at a healthy size.
- Soy Isoflavones – while researchers are still trying to determine exactly how soy isoflavones work in relation to good prostate health, it is known that they can promote hormonal balance which has a positive effect on the gland and on male sexual function in general. They may be particularly effective when combined with lycopene, which is also contained in the Prostara formula.
- Saw Palmetto – extracted from the berries of the Saw Palmetto tree, this ingredient may be one of the most well-known natural prostate health ingredients. Extensively tested, regular use of saw palmetto is said to help reduce common BPH symptoms such as weak urine flow and the urgency to urinate.
- Pygeum Bark Extract – used for centuries as a remedy for bladder-related conditions, this ingredient may relieve the severity of urinary tract infections, a common occurrence in men with an enlarged prostate gland. Additionally, pygeum bark may help the individual completely empty his bladder upon urination and reduce bathroom visits.
- Garlic – a well-known culinary ingredient, garlic is known to boost the immune system and support good overall health. For men, taking garlic in a supplement may also have benefits for their prostate gland, improving urine flow and strength while addressing the problem of a low libido which can often accompany BPH.
- Beta Sitosterols – a type of plant sterol, beta sitosterols are thought to help reduce several symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate gland due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have shown that in comparison to a placebo, this ingredient helps produce a better urinary flow in men who have an enlarged prostate gland.
- Pumpkin Seed Powder – rich in phytosterols, pumpkin seed powder has a history of use in remedies for urinary health issues and an enlarged prostate gland. Because the seeds contain potent antioxidants and a number of beneficial minerals, including zinc, they play an important role in keeping the prostate gland healthy by inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells.
- Nettle Root Extract – this natural botanical is a popular folk remedy for reducing prostate-related urinary problems. With hormone-balancing properties, nettle root extract works particularly well with saw palmetto and is said to contain an organic compound that attacks cancerous cells while leaving healthy ones intact.
How Does Prostara Work – Learn the Science
Prostara is designed to support optimal prostate health in a number of ways. In addition to the antioxidant-rich ingredients that provide protection against free radical damage, thus preventing the risk of prostate cancer, Prostara contains ingredients that work on reducing the size of the enlarged prostate gland which, in turn, relieves pressure on the urethra.
The result is less urgency to urinate frequently, an ability to fully empty the bladder at each bathroom visit, and less risk of developing a urinary tract infection. The ease of urination also leads to a stronger urine stream and there is less likely to ‘dribble’ urine after going to the bathroom, avoiding embarrassing wet patches on the front of the pants.
Because Prostara decreases the frequency of bathroom trips, especially at night, the individual will also enjoy a better night’s sleep which improves their overall quality of life. Additionally, the hormone-balancing effects of Prostara have positive benefits for male sexual performance, supporting a stronger sex drive and overall sexual stamina.
Prostara Pros & Cons
- It contains a synergistic blend of natural ingredients.
- It can be taken as a proactive step by younger men who haven’t yet experienced symptoms.
- The formula works on multiple symptoms associated with BPH.
- Prostara addresses poor sexual function which often accompanies an enlarged prostate gland.
- The ingredients may protect the prostate gland for long-term support even as the male ages.
- It must be taken daily to maintain positive results.
- The results may depend on the age and health of the individual.
- Men with advanced BPH are advised to consult with their doctor to ensure Prostara fits into their treatment program.
- The formulation contains a blend which does not have the quantities of the ingredients specified.
- This particular supplement has not been evaluated in peer-reviewed clinical trials.
Customer Questions and Answers
Men who have used Prostara report an overwhelming reduction in the number of times they need to use the bathroom, a stronger urine stream and an ability to completely empty their bladder when they urinate. While results vary among individuals, most men experience positive results within a few weeks of taking the product.
The natural ingredients contained in Prostara are thought to be 100% safe for men to take even over extended periods of time. The formula contains no known allergens, is non-addictive and free from any additives, chemicals or synthetic substances.
One bottle of Prostara, the Starter pack, costs $44.95 but the official website features other package deals for consumers who wish to buy multiple bottles. The Power Package - 4 bottles - costs $179.80 and the Preferred Package, a set of 6 bottles, is $269.70.
Prostara can be purchased from the official store website which offers package discounts, special offers and fully secure credit card processing. All orders are sent in plain packaging to protect customer privacy and credit card billing is also discreet.
Prostara is backed by a 100% 60-day money back guarantee. Customers simply call customer service for a return authorization number, return the product and receive a full refund less the cost of shipping.
If you suspect that you have an enlarged prostate gland and are already experiencing symptoms, it is best to make an appointment to see your doctor.
However, before you see your physician, you can assess the severity of your symptoms by completing a quiz developed by the American Urological Association included on the Prostara website. The results of the quiz can be printed out and shown to your doctor to help them with their own assessment.
Prostara Results and Customer Reviews
The Prostara website features several success stories from consumers who have had positive results using the product to reduce their symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland. The following comments are just a small sample of the numerous emails and messages the Prostara manufacturer receives regarding the supplement:
The Bottom Line on Prostara
The Prostara formula works on multiple aspects of prostate health, not only reducing symptoms that may already exist but protecting the future health of the prostate gland too.
The self-assessment quiz provided on the Prostara website makes it easy for men who may not be comfortable discussing their health to determine the severity of their symptoms and then take the appropriate steps such as ordering Prostara and consulting with their doctor if necessary.
Additionally, the all-natural formula offers a safe alternative to prescribed treatments that may cause unpleasant side effects or interact with other medications.
While the results of taking Prostara will vary depending on the state of the prostate gland, to begin with, most men find that by taking Prostara daily they get relief from the most common symptoms associated with an enlarged prostate gland such as frequent urination, weak urine stream and numerous trips to the bathroom during the night.
 Indian J Urol. 2011 Jan-Mar; 27(1): 14–18. doi: 10.4103/0970-1591.78405 PMCID: PMC3114577 PMID: 21716879 Zinc status of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate carcinoma
 Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2017 Dec;20(4):361-377. doi: 10.1038/pcan.2017.25. Epub 2017 Apr 25. Increased dietary and circulating lycopene are associated with reduced prostate cancer risk: a systematic review and meta-analysis.