What is Phenocal?
Phenocal is a dietary supplement designed to support weight loss. The product is advertised as a “maximum strength” formula that kick starts weight loss and helps individuals struggling with their weight overcome some of the obstacles that they face such as constant cravings for high-fat junk food, low energy, and a sluggish metabolism.
According to the manufacturer, Phenocal uses a blend of natural ingredients that work with the body to boost metabolism and improve the fat and calorie burning process, as opposed to other weight loss supplements using caffeinated substances which may leave the user feeling jittery and on edge.
The manufacturer claims that supplementation with Phenocal, combined with lower calorie intake and increased physical activity, leads to safe weight loss that can be sustained, thus avoiding the ‘yo-yo’ dieting effect.
Phenocal is manufactured by Pharmaxa Labs, a company that produces several well-known, popular health supplements. On their website, Pharmaxa Labs states that Phenocal is made in a facility that adheres to all government regulatory standards which ensure safety at every step of the manufacturing process, and is third-party tested for quality and consistency.
Pharmaxa Labs provide all customer service contact details on the Phenocal website should the consumer have any questions about the product or their order.
What Does it Claim to Do?
According to the manufacturer, Phenocal’s formula uses “Thermokinetic technology” to support a faster metabolism, raising the body’s core temperature for increased fat and calorie burning. A higher metabolism also means that the individual is able to burn more calories even when they’re resting, further supporting their weight loss efforts.
In addition to this, Phenocal also claims to tackle overeating and snacking between meals by increasing satiety, or fullness, so there is less chance of overeating at mealtimes which, in turn, leads to reduced calorie intake.
Combined with the increase in physical activity that may result from a boost in energy levels and motivation, the individual stands a much better chance of shedding stubborn pounds, whether they have a little or a lot to lose.
What are Phenocal’s active ingredients?
The superior blend of natural ingredients contained in Phenocal’s formula allows it to work more effectively than many other weight loss supplements on the market. A blend of vitamins, botanicals and amino acids, Phenocal works effectively without causing any harmful side effects, meaning that it can be taken for as long as required.
The Phenocal website provides a full list of the supplement’s ingredients which are:
- Vitamin B1 – found naturally in several common foods including whole wheat, this vitamin is used to convert sugars and carbohydrates into usable energy forms , allowing them to be burned off rather than stored in the body.
- Vitamin B2 – commonly known as Riboflavin, this vitamin is found in foods like eggs, dairy, green vegetables, and mushrooms. It is involved in numerous enzymatic reactions in the body and has antioxidant properties .
- Vitamin B5 – this vitamin is involved in varied metabolic pathways including energy metabolism. It is commonly found in mushrooms, nuts and dairy. .
- Vitamin B6 – this is essential for the metabolic process and may be associated with improved mood, red blood cell count and potentially heart health. In addition to being in Phenocal, it can be found in foods such as turkey, tuna and bananas.
- Vitamin B12 – this is an essential vitamin only found in animal foods, playing a key role in the function of blood cells and the body’s nerves .
- CLA – this ingredient, properly known as Conjugated Linoleic Acid, is a fatty acid found in dairy.It has been widely studied not only for its effects on reducing body fat  but also in preventing fat from initially forming. Recent evidence suggest a potential association between CLA and decreased risks of cardiovascular health and cancer, although the evidence is still quite limited at the present time .
- Biotin – this substance is needed by the body to assist in the breakdown of foods and in creating essential fatty acids and amino acids .
- 5HTP – While it may have some effect on reducing cravings for certain carbohydrate-rich foods, 5HTP is best known for its mood-boosting benefits. This molecule is a precursor for serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in numerous pathways such as the regulation of mood and circadian rhythm . This is important in a weight loss supplement as some individuals attempting to lose weight can often struggle with a low mood and depressed feelings.
- Chromium – Chromium is a mineral that can help regulate blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes patients when consumed as a supplement . However, there is limited evidence on its efficacy on blood when combined with other supplements.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract – This natural ingredient, long used to promote good health in Asian countries, has numerous benefits for weight management. The consumption of Green Tea, can increase energy levels thanks to its caffeine content and contains useful antioxidants such as polyphenols.
- Folic Acid – Folic acid is a B vitamin involved in nervous health and most importantly neural development for the fetus during pregnancy. It widely found in plant foods.
- Hoodia Gordonii – this succulent plant extract became extremely popular for its claimed appetite-suppressing properties were discovered. However, there is no reliable evidence from human studies of the safety or efficacy of its consumption.
- Fucoxanthin – Nutrient-rich, this common seaweed is widely used in Asian cuisine but is only recently being hailed for its potential effects on weight loss. Thought to have anti-obesity properties and numerous other health benefits, Fucoxanthin supports an overall higher body temperature, promoting a faster metabolism without any harmful side effects.
- Cocoa extract – a good source of polyphenols and caffeine, according to the manufacturer this extract has been standardized to contain 10% theobromine, a compound with potential beneficial effect on cardiovascular health .
- Glucomannan – a soluble fiber, Glucomannan expands in the stomach upon consumption, providing a feeling of fullness that could reduce overeating. As it is a new ingredient, research is still limited on the efficacy of glucomannan, with some promising results and other studies reporting no effect on weight loss. (source 1, source 2)
- Bioperine – this patented extract of black pepper doesn’t have any direct effect on weight loss but does promote the absorption of the other formula ingredients, improving the overall effectiveness of the supplement.
- Contains no caffeinated stimulants.
- Contains vitamins and minerals which can be useful in case of nutritional deficiency
- Some ingredient may have a small effect on weight loss
- Works safely to produce long-term, sustainable weight loss
- Regular exercise may be required to achieve optimal results
- Individual ingredient amounts are not disclosed on the website
- Results will vary depending on the starting weight and health of the individual
- Can lead to side effects including nausea, diarrhea, and headaches.
- Some modifications to the diet may be necessary for the best outcome
Customer Questions and Answers
- One bottle of Phenocal costs $44.85
- 3 bottles cost $114.37
- a pack of 5 costs $179.40
All these prices are significantly less than the regular listed price and may be further reduced thanks to discounts and special offers frequently provided by the manufacturer.
Phenocal can be taken by anyone who wishes to safely lose weight. Men and women of all ages have used Phenocal as part of their weight management plan, whether they have a few pounds to lose or a significant amount.
It is recommended that 3 capsules of Phenocal are taken twice a day, approximately fifteen minutes before breakfast and again four hours later, before the next main meal.
The product can be purchased directly from the official website, where it is offered in a range of packages. While one bottle can be purchased on its own, it is more convenient and economical to buy it in multiples of three or five bottles. Phenocal is also available as part of the Total Body Balance system which includes two other supplements, Expelis and Colopril.
Yes, Pharmaxa Labs offers a 60-day money back guarantee on all purchases of Phenocal.
While the ingredients contained in Phenocal will start to have an effect as soon as you begin to take it, the manufacturer suggests that results may be optimized by participating in regular physical activity. Because Phenocal increases energy levels, the individual will be more motivated to exercise which will also have numerous other long-term health benefits.
Phenocal Results and Customer Reviews
Many Phenocal customers have felt compelled to write to the manufacturer with their own personal weight loss success stories, some of which are published on the product website. However, negative reviews are common on other platforms like Amazon, where customers question the efficacy of Phenocal. The following are just a few examples of what these individuals are saying:
Phenocal appears to be a good choice for anyone who wants a natural solution to their weight problem. However, most of the ingredients contained in the formula have been proven to work in clinical tests, the consumer can feel confident that it will do exactly as the manufacturer claims – increase the metabolism, reduce the appetite and cravings, and give energy levels a boost.
There does seem to be evidence to show that the product works even better when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise and as part of the Total Body Balance system which addresses the toxic build-up in the colon and excess water weight.
One of the most beneficial aspects of Phenocal is that it helps the user overcome the most common hindrance to losing weight which is overeating and snacking on unhealthy junk food. It may even encourage better overall eating habits which will result in sustained weight loss over the long term.
This product contains vitamins which can be useful in case of nutritional deficiency, but it is unlikely to replace the effect of physical activity and a balanced diet for weight loss purposes.
2) Efficacy of conjugated linoleic acid for reducing fat mass: a meta-analysis in humans. Leah D Whigham, Abigail C Watras, Dale A Schoeller. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Volume 85, Issue 5, May 2007, Pages 1203–1211, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/85.5.1203 https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/85/5/1203/4632999
3) Adv Food Nutr Res. 2018;83:57-81. doi: 10.1016/bs.afnr.2017.11.002. Epub 2018 Feb 2. Riboflavin in Human Health: A Review of Current Evidences. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29477226
4) Pantothenic Acid — Health Professional Fact Sheet https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/PantothenicAcid-HealthProfessional/
5) Nutrients. 2016 Dec; 8(12): 767. Published online 2016 Nov 29. doi: 10.3390/nu8120767. Vitamin B12 among Vegetarians: Status, Assessment and Supplementation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5188422/
6) Review of the roles of conjugated linoleic acid in health and disease - ScienceDirect https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S175646461500167X
7) Biofactors. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2016 Feb 18. Published in final edited form as: Biofactors. 2009 Jan-Feb; 35(1): 36–46. doi: 10.1002/biof.8 Biotin https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4757853/
8) Vascul Pharmacol. 2015 Aug;71:11-5. doi: 10.1016/j.vph.2015.05.011. Epub 2015 May 27. The cardiovascular benefits of dark chocolate. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26026398
9) Serotonin a la carte: Supplementation with the serotonin precursor 5-hydroxytryptophan 2006 Author(s): Turner, EHLoftis, JMBlackwell, AD https://escholarship.org/uc/item/58h866d5
10) J Clin Pharm Ther. 2014 Jun;39(3):292-306. doi: 10.1111/jcpt.12147. Epub 2014 Mar 17. Systematic review and meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of chromium supplementation in diabetes. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24635480