Juvabrite is a skin cream that is made and sold by Solvaderm, a company that produces a wide range of skin treatments for consumers of all ages.
The primary function of Juvabrite is to lighten areas of hyperpigmentation and discoloration on the skin which can be caused by several different factors.
While over-exposure to the sun is one of the main causes of discoloration and ‘age spots’, certain medications can cause it to occur as can pregnancy and scarring from acne are also common causes.
By brightening the skin tone and making it evenly textured, the user has a more youthful appearance, while the antioxidants also contained in the formula provide ongoing protection from further damage and signs of aging.
Juvabrite Ingredients – The Breakdown
As with all Solvaderm products, the Juvabrite formula uses natural ingredients that have been developed using the latest advances in skincare technology.
As a result, it is said to produce superior results in less time than other comparable brands.
All the ingredients contained in Juvabrite’s proprietary formula are listed on the product page and include the following key substances:
- Seaweed extract – packed with beneficial nutrients, seaweed extract has many positive effects on the skin. In addition to keeping it well hydrated due to its humectant properties, it contains Vitamins A and C that help reverse discoloration due to sun exposure.
- Hyaluronic Acid – a staple in most anti-aging creams and serums, this ingredient helps keep skin plump and smooth by attracting moisture from the atmosphere. It is then locked in so the skin receives ongoing hydration, preventing chronic dryness which can lead to premature aging (source).
- Vitas Vinifera (Grape) Fruit extract – with potent antioxidant properties, this natural fruit extract provides protection against oxidative stress which can damage and even destroy skin cells. Numerous studies have been carried out on the potential health benefits of this extract which is also rich in Vitamins E and C.
- Morus Bombycis Root Extract – extracted from Mulberries, Morus Bombycis Root Extract contains high levels of Arbutin, a substance that inhibits the production of the skin pigment melanin, thus keeping the skin lighter and preventing areas of discoloration from forming.
- Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract – taken from the Althaea plant, Mallow extract has numerous benefits for sensitive skin that is prone to redness and irritation given its anti inflammatory properties.
- Primula Veris (Primula) Extract – known for its cleansing properties, this natural extract has a calming effect on the skin, and can reduce discoloration from blemishes and acting as a powerful anti-inflammatory. Primula has been known to not be an uncommon cause for contact dermatitis, however.
- Alchemilla Vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) Extract – high in tannins, flavonoids, and salicylic acid, this botanical extract has flavonoids that can prevent collagen breakdown. It has been used in wound healing.
- Veronica Officinalis (Speedwell Herb) Extract – this easy-to-grow perennial plant has properties that are particularly beneficial for the health of the skin and has been used historically to heal and soothe sore, infected areas. As part of the Juvabrite formula, it contributes to its antioxidant profile.
- Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract – a member of the mint family, Melissa Officinalis has very powerful antioxidant properties that can neutralize cell-destroying free radicals on the skin. In terms of skin care, this means that it can keep the skin cells healthy and free from the damage that causes premature aging.
- Achillea Millefollium (Yarrow) Extract – in addition to eliminating toxins from the body, thus contributing to a clearer complexion, Yarrow extract reduce inflammation in the skin as an anti-inflammatory and reduce cell damage from its antioxidant capabilities.
How Does It Work | The Science Behind Juvabrite
Even though Juvabrite contains natural botanical extracts with a long history of use in traditional remedies, it is the advanced skincare technology that Solvaderm employs in developing the formula that is said to make the product work so effectively.
In terms of skin brightening, the formula uses several ingredients known for their ability to reduce the production of melanin, the pigment which determines skin tone.
When less melanin is produced, the skin remains lighter and is less susceptible to becoming discolored. Juvabrite’s antioxidant profile offers prevention to delay the onset of signs of aging by promoting cell longevity.
The natural astringent effects of some ingredients minimize the appearance of pores and cleanse the skin. By reducing oil and sebum buildup making acne less likely can also reduce the tendency towards blemishes that can lead to discoloration.
Juvabrite Pros and Cons
- It contains proven natural skin brighteners
- The formula provides antioxidant protection against oxidative stress
- Juvabrite contains no harmful parabens or sulfates
- It can be used by people of all ages and skin types
- The formula protects the skin against further discoloration
- Juvabrite absorbs quickly and can be worn under make-up
- It is not clear how well it works on areas of severe discoloration
- Ingredient concentrations are not disclosed
- It may only work at an optimal level when included in a full Solvaderm skincare regime
Customer Questions and Answers
A small amount of Juvabrite should be applied to areas affected by discoloration at least twice a day.
It is best to use Juvabrite after cleansing the skin, allowing it to absorb fully before applying any other skincare treatment or make-up.
Juvabrite costs $69.99 per 30ml bottle. It can either be purchased on its own or as part of a Solvaderm bundle, such as the Pigmentation and Facial Wrinkles package or Skin Correcting System.
Juvabrite is eligible for the free shipping offered by Solvaderm on products orders over $60.
There are no reported side effects from Juvabrite use. It is safe for all skin types including the most sensitive and many of the ingredients contained in the formula have benefits for easily irritated skin.
As with all Solvaderm products, Juvabrite has been developedin collaboration with dermatologists and is considered hypoallergenic.
All Juvabrite purchases are subject to a 60-day money back guarantee. If returned within this time, a full refund will be provided.
Juvabrite Results and Customer Reviews
There are numerous customer comments and reviews on the Juvabrite product page and the overall rating for the skin treatment is high.
The following are an example of what customers are saying:
Is There Anything Else I Should Know about Juvabrite?
In addition to containing a number of beneficial ingredients that have been clinically proven to work, the Juvabrite formula is free from common harmful skincare additives such as parabens and sulfates.
The Bottom Line on Juvabrite
While skin lightening products have somewhat of a controversial history, consumers purchasing Juvabrite’s ingredients focus on prevention of discoloration.
By only using pure, natural ingredients, Juvabrite works gently, judging from the numerous comments from satisfied customers, and the fact that many of the ingredients are known for their skin-soothing properties makes it especially suitable for sensitive skin.
It would be helpful if Solvaderm disclosed the actual amounts of the ingredients used in the formula and provided detailed descriptions of how they work, as this would give consumers a better understanding of the product.
However, with a generous refund period of 60 days, the customer will have adequate time to see exactly how well it works for their individual skin issues and decide whether they want to continue using it.