About Active PK
Active PK is a dietary supplement intended to not only reduce cravings and hinder the storage of fat on the abdomen, but also boost energy levels and mental clarity throughout the day. Active PK is made by the company LCR Health and advertises its supplement to be a natural formula made up of a revolutionary blend of compounds.
Active PK Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are 3 active ingredients in the Active PK formula:
- Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract – Gynostemma Pentaphyllum is a climbing vine plant also known as Jiaogulan. Some of the purported benefits associated with this plant extract include lowered cholesterol and improved memory. However, the studies on cognitive effects of this species of plant seem to be limited.
- Quercetin Dihydrate – a plant flavonoid known as a natural antioxidant. Antioxidants are generally regarded as agents that can protect against disease and slow various processes of aging in the body. LCR Health states Quercetin can also improve brain function among other benefits and according to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences, that may very well be possible. Several studies have found Quercetin to play a beneficial role in cognitive function.
- Berberine HCI – a natural chemical found in a variety of plants that is unanimously agreed upon to help lower cholesterol. Some clinical trials have also observed it to help regulate blood sugar levels, according to Diabetes Action Action. High-quality studies have additionally shown it to only have minor gastrointestinal side-effects.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Active PK
One of the key claims of this product is that Gynostemma Pentaphyllum and Berberine HCL activate AMPK (AMP-activated protein kinase). What’s so special about it? AMPK is critical in regulating healthy metabolism and can be targeted to treat metabolic disorders, according to the Biochemical Journal.
A recent study in Scientific Reports found Gynostemma Longipes (very closely related to Gynostemma Pentaphyllum) to activate AMPK and another study from Molecular Medicine found Berberine to also activate AMPK, therefore the active ingredients may very well promote favorable results.
Active PK Pros & Cons
- Features an active ingredient list of natural components
- Contains only 3 additional inactive ingredients
- May help regulate blood sugar and lower cholesterol levels
- May have a beneficial effect on metabolic rate
- Vegetarian friendly
- No caffeine
- Third-party tested for safety
- There is no scientific evidence through clinical trials to support the claimed benefits, effectiveness, and safety of using it
- Appears to be a very new supplement as reviews are only dated back to January 2018 on the company’s website
- There is potential for side effects such as nausea and gastrointestinal discomfort related to the active ingredients
- May interact with several types of medications including those containing quinolone due to Quercetin Dihydrate
- May interact with several types of medications including cyclosporine and Diabetes medications due to Berberine HCL
- Not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration
Customer Questions and Answers
Active PK can be taken with a glass of water on an empty stomach or with a meal. The daily recommended dosage is two capsules.
You have the option to buy 1, 3, or 6 bottles at a time
- 1 bottle = $69.00
- 3 bottles = $186.30
- 6 bottles = $330.15
All prices listed here are as they appear on the official LCR Health website.
Although the company claims Active PK is safe and does not have any side effects, the active ingredients could cause some gastrointestinal upset or discomfort, but may be negated by limiting total daily intake of the ingredients.
LCR Health does recommend consulting your doctor prior to starting the supplement to review any potential medication interactions as Quercetin Dihydrate and Berberine HCL do interact with several types of medications. There is also rice flour in the capsules of Active PK, which may result in allergic reactions for some users.
There is a money back guarantee that allows the user to try Active PK for up to 90 days and return it for a refund if they are unsatisfied with it.
Active PK Alternatives
Not sold on Active PK? There are other supplements you can try to boost metabolism and promote weight loss:
- Moringa by Envy Nutrition
- Keto Advanced Weight Loss Formula
- Berberine by Maxx Labs
- Bio X4
Active PK Customer Reviews & Results
There seems to be mixed results with this product. The table below highlights (and paraphrases) some of the most common customer reviews of Active PK.
|Positive Reviews||Negative Reviews|
|After 2-3 weeks, several users noticed increased energy levels and decreased appetite||Active PK made at least one user feel “bloated”|
|Several users reported feeling more alert after starting Active PK||One user did not observe weight loss after using the product for 3 months|
|Weight loss was experienced for some users after 3 weeks, but others after 3 months||One user did not observe weight loss after using the product for 6 months|
Active PK: Where to Buy and How to Save
Active PK is available on the official LCR Health website where you can buy a single bottle for $69, but the more bottles you buy, the more you save per bottle. Buy 3 bottles and save about $20, but buy 6 bottles and save almost $85.
The Bottom Line
Active PK seems to be a supplement that will benefit some people while falling short for others. Ultimately, it may depend on your willingness to do your part by changing eating habits, increasing exercise, etc. However, this may be the boost some consumers are looking for to get them over the hump and down to their lofty weight loss goals.
It appears to be safe for the general public and well-received by users, but you should still talk to a doctor or healthcare professional about Active PK before using it.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know About Active PK?
In all likelihood, Active PK is not a wonder drug and may not help you lose weight if you are not willing to put in any additional effort.
Some key things to keep in mind when taking this supplement:
- Some of the active ingredients have been shown to provide health benefits and may actually boost your metabolism, but that is only half the battle.
- It appears to be safe, but everyone’s health is different. Closely monitor how your body reacts to Active PK and of course, talk to a doctor before first.
- Like all supplements of this nature, it is best to keep your expectations reasonable.
Be prepared to do your part and you may just benefit from this supplement!